What does one do when one is going to get a body part cut off the next day?
Hmmm… well, here’s what I did.
- Drink Coffee, eat toast and then feel like you might vomit b/c you ate food.
- Hire someone to clean your house. (Thank you Bonnie & Debbie! You are the BEST!)
- Get a massage.
- Become a total DIVA and get your hair done (which a very nice salon may do for free because you are getting a breast cut off the next day).
- Drive around town in your convertible, singing Christian songs loudly with tears streaming down your face, and totally ruin your new hair do.
- Go grocery shopping– but only for healthy foods so you can organically clean your body and convince it to heal faster.
- Buy a very large Java Chip frappuccino from Starbucks. The organic healing doesn’t need to start until tomorrow.
- Try one last time to convince THE JAMES to let you have a double mastectomy. No dice baby.
- Go home and write thank you notes, answer texts & emails, return phone calls and pay bills.
- Sit on the kitchen floor and sob b/c it finally hit you that you have cancer. Then thank God for reminding you how much He loves you.
- Put together IKEA furniture.
- Eat Thai takeout and then feel like you might vomit b/c you ate food.
- Write this blog.
- Go to bed.
Saul and I have an early wakeup call. We need to be at THE JAMES tomorrow at 8:30AM (that’s 7/14/15). I’m hoping to be sent home to recover by Wednesday afternoon.
Thank you to all of you who have loved me from near and from far. I cannot even express how grateful I am for your kindness.