Someone challenged me recently to put 5 pictures on Facebook in which I feel beautiful. Yikes… it’s not that I have a poor outlook of myself or really low self-esteem, it’s just that most of the time I’m the one taking the picture. Besides, it’s a very uncomfortable feeling to say, “Here, look at this picture! Don’t I look hot?”
So I thought perhaps I needed to think of this a little less superficially. When do I truly FEEL beautiful? When I’m dancing with my husband in the kitchen. When I do something stupid that makes my kids laugh. When I take the time to really BE IN THE MOMENT with my family and choose to let the laundry wait.
When I looked at my photos in that light, I found LOTS of beautiful pictures of myself. It was hard to only choose 5…
- I am beautiful when I let my best friend talk me into hanging from a piece of rope.
- I am beautiful when I fearlessly touch worms.
- I am beautiful when I convince my husband that Halloween is a FAMILY event.
- I am beautiful when I talk about kindness.
- I am beautiful when I face my fears of snakes and spiders to explore our tremendously rugged backyard.
I challenge all of you to share what makes you beautiful today. And if you’re feeling especially brave, I’d love to see a picture! Join the conversation at https://www.facebook.com/NicoleJPhillips?ref=hl.